The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

a long day for us............

Last night daughter lost it again and we nearly lost her. She was upset because of somethings people on line said about her then she got upset at me for telling her that the computer was not the place for someone to pick up a guy. This guy she did not know came on line in Myspace.com and told her she was cute and he wanted her to go out with him today. I told her she was an adult but she should not go out with some one she had never even chatted with before. It was dangerous.

She flipped out and told me she was either going to bust our computer or kill me. I told her that would not solve anything and it would only make her problems worse. She started ranting and smashing things. She wanted to cut herself. (she is into self mutiliation). I don't know if I mentioned this earlier.

She went to bed. I thought she had calmed down and I went into talk to her. She had taken 10 of her diabetic pills, 10 seraqil 500m gs each (her psyche drug), 4 nyquil tablets. I called the hotline immediately and they told me to get her to the hospital. We got her there and sat with her three hours, keeping her from falling asleep while they waited on results of her tests. They admitted her back into the psyche ward.

We had just gotten her out of there in april or may. Not sure which month.

She has threatened to kill me before but I am not afraid of her doing that. She turns it in towards herself. *sigh*

5 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Oh man, my heart goes out to you. My husband went through a really dark period several years ago and tried to do himself in too, so I have a bit of an understanding you you must feel. Thankfully, he got the right help and learned to recognize when he needed it. I hope the same for your daughter.

Thanks for visiting my blog :-)

Anvilcloud said...

That's tough. I can't imagine going through that. I hope that she is able to find what she needs. Sounds like you are keeping your cool prety well.

cloud_gal said...

It's really tough for you, having to endure so much pain.
Hope that your daughter will be able to come out of the hospital eventually. It is tough being a parent

Gina said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that everything works out for the best for her and your family.

Dee said...

Jon...just keep her in your prayers and that is about all anyone can do. Right now the newer meds seem to be working but often it is nothing more than a quick fix to an unfixable problem. *sigh*

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.