The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sigh....It is a cold and windy night out but warm for november. I was expecting snow but was too warm for it. I guess it is the dampness that has been hanging around for about a month that is getting to me.

So much is happening right now. It is a busy time of the year. Should be a happy time but hectic is more like it for me. Am I the only one who thinks we put too much in store for these holidays? For thanksgiving, a big meal is a must it seems for all. We will be having 2 this year. Our thanksgiving then Mil will be 79 and we are planning a big surprise for her the Saturday after thanksgiving. I am more excited about that then I am turkey day. I have to make scalloped potatoes for 40 people. With all the grandkids and her sisters as well as kids, that is how many will be there. Wish me luck with it. I will need it.

No comments:

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.