The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Monday, February 12, 2007



">Link
I have taken a break from the quilt I am making to work on this and read some blogs. The quilt is for my friend who has been diagnosed with MAYCOBACTERIUM AVIUM COMPLEX....BETTER KNOWN AS MAC DISEASE. Mycobacterium avium complex, or MAC, is a serious bacterial infection that HIV+ people can get. MAC is related to tuberculosis. MAC is also sometimes called MAI, which stands for Mycobacterium avium intracellulare.
MAC infection is usually found only in people with under 50 T4 cells. The symptoms of MAC can include weight loss, fevers, chills, night sweats, swollen glands, abdominal pains, diarrhea and overall weakness. MAC usually affects the intestines and inner organs first, causing liver tests to be high. Swelling and inflammation also occur.


She freaked when they first told her cause she thought she had aids but that is not what it is. I know when I saw her last, she looked horrible. She lost about 90 lbs and they could not figure out why she was losing weight and having all these other problems but they finally did with blood tests. The cure is no easy one. She has to take several pills a day and shots for several months too.


But she loves flowers and butterflies so this is the quilt I am doing....

No comments:

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.