The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

a woman's poem

I dread the day my husband retires. Mainly because I do not want him under my feet all the time telling me the things he feels I should know about housekeeping. He has been starting to do that alot lately when it is cold out and he cannot get out for his walks in the woods or the work he does outside. I do not sweep the floor right. I do not set the table right. I do not dust right. Most of the time I ignore him but it can be damned irritating. My friend sent me this poem...

He didn't like the casserole

And he didn't like my cake.

My biscuits were too hard...

Not like his mother used to make.

I didn't perk the coffee right

He didn't like the stew,

I didn't mend his socks

The way his mother used to do.

I pondered for an answer

I was looking for a clue.

Then I turned around and smacked him...
Like his Mother used to do.

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

If he doens't like how you sweep, try handing him the broom. And be serious about it.

Bonita said...

I wouldn't take it too personally...hard as that may seem. I'd look at him, listen, and say "Thanks for sharing that." Then, I'd hand him the broom. Since it bothers him, he needs to fix his feelings.

Dee said...

lol...my husband has learned to do it himself

Granny said...

Oh, that's funny. Stopping by to thank you for your comment on granny just now.

I'll start reading backward through your posts but meantime come back and visit any time.

Anvilcloud and cuppa are two of my favorite stopping off places on the net.

Ann (aka granny)

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.