The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Is it a flower?


Last year I had a weed growing in my flower garden. Not just any weed but one that was huge. I marched right out there and yanked it out. My husband came home and started screaming about me pulling his flower out. I said it is not a flower, it is a damned weed. "It's a flower. If if comes up again let it go." Well I looked out this year and saw this thing growing in my garden again. My husband glared at me and said don't touch that flower. "It's a weed, " I hissed. "It's a flower," he said.

I asked my friend who knows about flowers. Was she any help. She says 'It is a thistle." I said, 'It's a weed." She said, "Well, it all depends on how you look at it. I would leave in the garden with the flowers cause when it blooms, that weed will draw in all kinds of butterflies and hummingbirds."

So the weed will stay. I guess flowers, like beauty is all in the eye of the beholder. *s*

3 comments:

Granny said...

My first thought before I read the post was "thistle". They do flower. Just watch how you grab it.

A weed is just a flower misplaced.

Unless we're talking about kudzu or poison ivy.

Wendy said...

Yeah, it's a thistle. Looks like the sticky kind though. Does it turn purple?

Dee said...

not sure what color it will be as it has not turned. In my opinion, it is a weed but i am keeping hubby happy. *s*

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.