The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

34 years

Hubby and I celebrated our anniversary by going to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant then to see the movie Cars. It was a cute movie but not one you think you would like to spend your anniversary watching but we enjoyed it.

Funny, the night I met him, I did not think I would marry him. We had what you call a whirlwind relationship. We dated five months and he proposed then we got married three months later. Who would have thunk it would have lasted this long. I mean, he is a virgo and I am an aries and every thing about us is opposite.

He is a neatnik and I am laid back and like the 'lived in' look. He is a day person, up at dawn most days and I am a night person. He is trim and I am not. He is not exactly skinny but he is smaller than me. I believe we are together because we both had to learn to compromise. We both stopped trying to change each other years ago and just accepted the fact that we married someone we could not change and it was either adjust or drive each other crazy. Love won over and we have been happily married for 34 years but it takes work and compromising on both sides.

5 comments:

Granny said...

34 years is great. Happy Anniversary. Mine was today as well. 17.

Ann

squire said...

Congrats on 34 years. Long time to put up with anything or anyone. I'm sure "he" got the best end of the deal.

Anvilcloud said...

Good for you guys. We're in very similar life stages, I see.

Wendy said...

Happy Anniversary. I'm surprised at how many similarities there are between your relationship with your husband, and mine with my husband. We dated only 8 weeks before he proposed and 6 months before we said "I do" - a total of 8 months together, like you. We've been married 13 years this year - and I can't believe how fast it's gone. He's a neatnik, I'm like you ... lived in and laid back. I believe we are together because we each needed what the other offered ... he needed some grounding, and I needed someone to help me lighten up, etc. Great post - Happy Day!

Dee said...

Hope you had a happy anniversary granny.

a.c. yeah, it seems like we are on the same path. *s*

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.