The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Is it just me?

I picked up the paper this morning and saw where Isreal bombed the beirut airport and I thought what the hell are they doing? More of our soldiers were killed. Others were accused of rape and murder of an entire family. North Korea is lobbing bombs towards Japan and perhaps our western coast if it would reach that far. Do these people have any clue as to the amount of pain, sorrow and suffering they are causing?

And, I mean the man in the white house when I say 'these people'. He is causing much pain and sorrow through out the world by his actions.

That is why I wonder if it is just me who is afraid to read the news any more? I purposely refuse to listen to some of our news cause it is all so bad it seems. Children killing children, rape, murder and a war that seems to be a never ending conflict as well as our own little war in iraq.

Sometimes I feel like the whole world has gone crazy and I am one of the few sane ones left in it.

Why does anyone have to kill for any reason? It is just pointless to me. Some might think the end justifys the means but I it seems to me like there is no end of men wanting to kill other men just because they want to be king of the mountain. How many of you remember that childhood game where someone goes on top of the mountain so to speak and he stays there til someone pulls him off. If no one pulls him off he is declared king. Some of these world leaders remind me of young boys playing that game.

6 comments:

Granny said...

I don't understand it either and I co-write a political blog.

Our fearless leader is a puppet living in a bubble. History will condemn him as do I but by then it may be too late.

In the end, it all comes down to greed, no matter how they sugarcoat it with patriotic phrases or religious fervor.

End of rant. Sorry.

Thanks for the comment. I should have asked people to pass the word. Not everyone can help (we're all stretched pretty thin) but some might and every little bit helps.

Dee said...

what is the link to your political blog? I would love to have it.

Kat said...

The world does seem to be going crazy lately. The news makes my stomach turn lately with all the horrible things happening. I only continue to watch because hiding from the problems doesn't make them go away.

Granny said...

Sorry - I just not got back here.

Us /america Burning

If that doesn't work, click on the link that goes to "granny". The other blog is on my sidebar.

Granny said...

The link works but that's Is America Burning, not Us.

Leave it to me to type all the code correctly and then have a typo on "Is".

Dee said...

thanks Granny. I did look at it and will be looking into it tomorrow.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.