The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Long Saga.......

">Link
My daughter is getting married this summer. I say this summer cause the dates keep changing. They change because she annonced last week she is pregant and she cannot fit into her wedding gown so we had to go out and get a new, larger gown for her. The original date was for Aug.18th. Well, the baby is due in sept and that is cutting it close. So they have now set the date for june ninth. I hope this is the last change.

But get this, the grooms parents know nothing yet except they are getting married. They do not know about the baby or anything and they are going to flip out or be very happy about it. I am happy she is going to have the baby and not an abortion. I know it will be rough for them but I know my daughter and she would never forgive herself if she had an abortion.

I love the idea of being a grandmother. But this whole wedding thing has us all in an uproar because so many of the plans had to be changed. I have to remember that babys do things like that. You have to be able to change things at the drop of a hat when babies come along.

I can't wait til june 10th and the wedding is behind us and we can get on to the baby shower and birth of the baby. *s*

5 comments:

dmmgmfm said...

It's great that you are so supportive of your daughter. I'm sure you will be a great help to her when the baby comes.

Mary said...

Dee, thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, there's never a dull moment with our children. Some exciting months are ahead!

Anvilcloud said...

Congratulations granny.

Leann said...

congrats grandma.hang on and the Lord will work it all out.My daugther did the same.thank God for forgiveness.she went to him and she walked down the Ile with no problems.
she knew she was forgiven and as long as Lord did .who cares about the rest.
yes God bless her heart that she didnt abort.so many do now.I give the girl credit.God bless and have a great weekend.

Dee said...

I am just glad my daughter chose to come to us and talk to us and give birth to this baby rather than abort it. So grateful for that. I really do think she is making a good choice in the man she is about to marry. He seems like a nice young man.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.