The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Thoughts from my lofty place on the hill

">Link
I am a night person. I will always be one. I have tried not to be but I think some of us are meant to be.

After I finished writing in my blog a few minutes ago, I began thinking.....

I get attached to people, even the ones I rarely read on line. Not that I want to meet them or have them over for sunday dinner but I do wonder about them if I have not heard from them in some time. I have one that came in every day when I first started blogging. 'Actually two of them. One of them got me involved in blogging on this site. I enjoyed their postings and one day, I came on and I did not see any from one of them. I thought she had just missed a day but I heard from other bloggers she had not been visiting them either. I think about her often and hope she and her husband are doing okay and her reasons to stop blogging were her choice and and something has not happened to her.

The same way with the second one. Just stopped. I went to her blog and it was not there. I had waited some time but I don't think she will be coming back for some reason.

The thing is, I try to figure out why I worry about these ships that passed in the night. The ones I will never meet.

I hope they are happy and I wish them well.

8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It's not just bloggers, but some real live people simply vanish as well. I hate that -- when they go without saying goodbye.

Ginnie said...

You're right. I would hope that the ones I have come to read daily will at least give an explanation if they give it up. They seem to become like family members living afar.

Leann said...

I have had that happen to.you wonder what is going on.pray for them.cause you never know if they have just had more then they can handle.lately that has been my problem.God bless you and thanks for stopping on my blog.I was having some problems just hanging on.that is why I wasnt there for a while.

Bonita said...

I think about some of my old blogger friends, the ones that don't visit or write; I think they realize the limitations of blogging, that nothing beats the face-to-face relationships. Perhaps they want to explore new vistas, that 'been there done that' thing. Regardless, I'm like you...I'll always wish them the very best, and hope all is well.

Mary said...

I agree with you. I've been blogging for just a few months and that hasn't happened to me yet. I would wonder and have concerns, too. For people I've never met but have gotten to know well...

Granny said...

This is a lurker delurking.

I don't know why people disappear without at least leaving a last post but they do.

I've been a lurker due to time constraints and the inadequacies involved with commenting on blogger.

I'm still around though.

Ann

Milly said...

I wonder also. It's odd and cool that these folks become sorta like family.

Dee said...

I have been so busy lately and have not been in for a few days. Leann, I hope all is going better for you. Just hang in there and it will get better.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.