The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Monday, August 28, 2006

She's home again...

I opened the door and saw my daughter walking up the driveway dragging her knapsack. I know I should be glad but all I could think of is , well, she's home again.....She left last night to god only knows where with someone she was talking on the net too and showed up again today.

She was alive and I was grateful for that. I would never want any harm to come to her but she is 24 and almost a street person. I say almost because she has a home to come to when no one else wants her around. It is hard for some to understand what it is like to have a person like this in your life unless you have experienced it.

She is bipolar, manic depressive and has other mental health issues. She often will not take her meds and it is a day to day struggle with her.

But she is ours and she is home.....now what??

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Just keep swimming ...

Dee said...

Wendy..thanks. Ain't much else I can do. *s*

Anonymous said...

this is making more sense of your more recent comment, giving me more context so to speak.

I also care about someone with bipolar disease. In my case though my loved one has found a balance of meds that work and takes them. It is a tough one. Really tough.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.