The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Why?????

I feel rather sad today. Not because of anything that has happened to me. I have had a great summer. My girls are doing okay. My husband and I are both healthy and so is my mil. But all around me people are suffering. One friend just lost her two sons. Another lost her mother, one lost her grandmother and several others have loved ones or family members in dire health. I feel helpless as I do not know what to say to them. I do not think that God causes these things but what do you say when someone is suffering and they want to know why their loved ones are being punished. I look at my friend who is a wonderful christain and wonder why she lost her two sons the way she did. Another friend lost two children to suicides and one had cancer. I asked myself hundreds of times why this had to happen to that gentle, kind woman who never harmed anyone.

A young online friend contacted me and told me his grandmother died suddenly. She was 96 and died in her family home surrounded by those who love her. Why can't we all die that way?

Sometimes I am angry with God but most of the time I just do not understand why.

3 comments:

Moonifa said...

Hello there! You aren't the frist to wonder why,...I know I have and I am sure almost everyone has. It truly is hard to understand and sometimes it just defies all attempts on our part. However, I know of a site that writes about this very thing (among toher things). I am copying and pasting some links here, and if you are interested in reading other articles, just use the words "evel,pain,suffering" in your search on their home page.
Here is their home page link. http://apologeticspress.org/

Here are some of the articles (there are several more)

Where is God when I Hurt? http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/2290

One of Suffering's Greatest Benefits URL: http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/1843

Human Suffering URL: http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/1609

The Value of Human Suffering URL: http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/197

I pray this may help you in some small way. I know they did me! GBU! Moonifa (Rachel)

Wendy said...

Hi Dee. Thanks for popping in my place and lifting my spirits. A friend of mine reminded me that it is not for me to understand every little thing in life -- and it's usually these big huge things that leave us wondering the most. If I let go of the need to understand, it frees up my mind some to focus on what really counts ... such as counting my own blessings - of which I have MANY. So ... I hear ya, but maybe we're not to know the 'whys' so much.

Granny said...

I don't understand it either.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.