The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boxing Day

">Link
Today is Boxing day. I first heard of this when I was a child. I do not recall who told me about it then butI somehow had visions of men in various areas boxing in a ring and people celebrated it. They did nto take the time to explain it to me so I continued to think that way til my friend in australia talked of it. She tried to explain it but it still was not clear to me until I visited AC's blog. His blog is always very infromative.

We still have no snow but it looks like some will come soon. Just when I do not want it.

Daughter called. She is finally, officially engaged. His parents do not know yet. They may not be happy as they wanted the couple to live together for five years before thinking of marriage or children. My daughter said no to that and the wedding will be on Aug. 18 in New York if the approve and if not, it will be in our backyard as both of them want an outside wedding.

My eldest moved out. I hope she is happy where she is living. I am not sure how that will work out. She seems happy and I am glad for her.

No comments:

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.