The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

The day started out wrong. First off, there is no snow and will be no snow for christmas this year. That saddens me. Not that I love snow but all my memories of the best Christmases are those that have snow. In our little town there was a man who owned some horses and a sleigh. We would bundle up on christmas eve and go caroling (yes this is really did happen). It was like being part of one of those christmas scenes on a card. Then we would all go home and our parents would have hot chocolate and cookies waiting on us.

But we are having a green one this year.

Then I went to get the mail and found my very chatty daughter left us with a 300 dollar phone bill. Fa la la la....Yah. That made me happy....Not. I cannot pull that money out of my butt that is for sure.

We went to this lovely shop where they make blown glass figures. I really wanted to buy a figure for my friend but there was that three hundred dollars looming over my head. I did not get her anything and when I got home hubby told me he got Cindys hubby a gift and I should have gotten Cindy a gift. So we had more shopping to do.

Before leaving I had to go to the bathroom. I flushed the commode and it would not work. We went down to the basement to see what could be wrong. My basement was flooded with....yes, you know what was floating around in my basement. It was gross. I can still smell it and it has been over six hours since we aired out the basement.

Then my daughter informed me she was moving again. She moves alot. I just shrugged and wished her well in her ventures. Wish I could move sometimes......

5 comments:

Granny said...

Wishing you a Merry green Christmas in spite of all the trauma.

We seem to be having a wet one.

Anvilcloud said...

That sucks! Second comment in a row where I have said that. But I guess that things have to get better by default?

niceheart said...

I think it was also around Christmas last year when our toilet backed up. So I know what you are talking about in the basement.

So it's not a white Christmas for you guys, eh? Here in Winnipeg, we always have white Christmas.

And yeah, I also did some caroling back in the Philippines when I was younger. :)

Merry Christmas to you!

Anvilcloud said...

I dropped by to wish you a Merry Christmas and to thank you for being a blogging buddy.

Dee said...

Hubby was able to repair the damage but we may still have it checked out later. Thanks.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.