The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Not to long ago there was a big bru-ha-ha over the people in walmart not saying merry christmas to people then this year wal mart told them to say merry christmas if they wanted to. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't care if they say merry christmas or not as long as I get good and friendly service there.

I have been a christian for a good many years and believe that my saviour was born over 2000 years ago in bethleham. But he was not born in December so we are not really celebrating his birthday as so many believe. Everything I have read indicates he was born in the spring. The shepherds slept out with their sheep during lambing season – spring and fall, not winter.
He may have been born in early Sept or late Aug., also but he surely was not born in the winter.

I think Christmas is a retailers dream and every year it gets worse. We have forgotten what it really means. Most of think it is Santa Clause and his eight raindeer that are the important ones. Not Christ. I really think jesus would be saddened over the way we have commericialize his birthday. Or, the day we celebrate his day anyway.

2 comments:

Granny said...

Me too. It doesn't bother me much that they just picked a date that would attract early pagans. Nobody knows the actual date as you said.

It does bother me to see what it's turned into.

Thanks for your comment today. Haven't seen you in a while and I haven't been over here either.

I have a lot going on right now; most of it not too great.

Ginnie said...

I usually stay away from Walmart but I was very pleased recently to learn that, in our area and I hope all others, they have started a $4 per prescription for a whole slew of prescribed drugs. This should help a lot of people.
Thanks for visiting my blog and I am happy about the update on your daughter's health.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.