The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Music soothes my soul.....

Music soothes my soul.....

">Link
I started to make a list of my favorite music. I had to stop and think about. I really do not have a favorite I guess. It really all depends on what mood I am in.

There are days I put on the classic rock station and spend the day just rocking out to some of my favorite songs and groups such as poison, Warrant, Black Sabbath and a few other groups from the 80's and 90's. I love rock and roll. I love Bob Segar.

Old Time Rock & Roll
As performed by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet BandA classic song today, it only hit # 28 on the Top 40 charts, back in 1979
Just take those old records off the shelf,
I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself,
Today's music ain't got the same soul,
I like that old time rock and roll.
Don't try and take me to a disco,
You'll never even get me out on the floor,
In ten minutes I'll be late for the door,
I like that old time rock and roll.
Still like that old time rock and roll,
That kind of music just soothes my soul,I reminisce about the days of old,With that old time rock and roll.
Won't go and hear 'em play a tango,
I'd rather hear some blues or funky old soul,
There's only one sure way to get me to go,
Start playin' old time rock and roll.

Oh, yah. I can rock out to that one.

But there are days when I feel like listening to music from the fifties and forties. They bring back memories of my foster sisters dancing around as they got ready to go out. Songs like MOON RIVER. Or STARDUST. SINCERELY..

I do not force others to listen to my music. I put my earphones on and go out on our patio on a summer evening and sit there while I listen to some Bluegrass music or the Gaithers sing songs of praise.

2 comments:

Granny said...

I grew up with the music of the 40's and 50's and still enjoy most of it.

Stardust may never be surpassed.

Dee said...

I am listening to it now and love it too. I did not like it when my mom was telling me it was better then the beatles though. LOL

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.