The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Another vent

Not really a vent. I am too tired to be venting today.

For months we have suspected that our youngest has been living with her boyfriend. She never said anything but he was always there and we just never asked. We were waiting on her to tell us. She finally did today. I was not surprised and not really angry but upset because it goes against what I feel is right but I have told her it is her life and I will love her no matter what.`
Any mistakes she makes now are her mistakes and she will have to deal with them.

My husband was ready to disown her but I think it was the typical fathers reaction to the fact that his baby daughter is a woman now and he is up set with what she is doing but he will come to grips with it.

But why does this bother us so much now that we know about it? I think it took alot of nerve for her to come and tell us about it. I meant that in the best way. I think she was scared that we were going to disown her or whatever and she was already rejected by one set of parents. What would it do to her to be rejected by us because she is in love and thinking with her heart instead of her head?

Sometimes I think he is too protective of her and just has to know when to let go. I think our kids are always going to do things we may not agree with as long as we are alive but there comes a point where we just have to say, you know what , it is your life, kids, you live it. We have done what we can....

It does not help that I feel like I am being pulled in two different directions either. I can see where she is coming from and understand his feelings too. Still, he needs to let go.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving the kind comments. I'll keep an eye on yours...

Good luck with your daughter, and I hope you are right about your husband's powerful reaction being temporary.

I am on a discussion list for people (about half parents) who care about someone addicted to drugs. There are things that are so much worse that could be happening. And I know that does not really make a difference.

come to think of it, it never does for me either.

Ava said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by the blog!

I just raised two boys who are ages 20 and 22 now. I understand your feelings completely. You just have to love them through everything.

Granny said...

I think it's harder for dads and daughters somehow. He sees the little girl he swore to protect.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.