The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Well, I've done it now..........

Years ago I had a great friend. She was like a sister to me. I honestly thought of her in those terms. Our husbands were best friends and so were we. I often babysat her kids in the summer and they were like my own kids. Two of the sweetest boys who grew into fine young men, despite their dad.

We would have remained friends if her husband had decided it was time for them to move closer to his mother and the woman he would eventually leave her for. You see he always ran around on her and I think she felt we all knew things and were not telling her once she found out he was a cheater. I did not know for sure but I suspected. Had I known would I have told her? I don't know. There are times when I think it is best to turn a blind eye. I think she was happy not knowing what he was doing.

Anyway, I had been contemplating writing her a letter and finally decided to do it today. Nothing great but just a note to let her know I was thinking of her and the good times we used to have.

I really do miss those times and if she does not respond, that is okay. I know I made an effort to try and reconnect with her.

4 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, I hope you do hear from her....that would be nice, but as you said---if not, you know you made the effort, and one can only hope it's not too late to possibly re-connect.

utenzi said...

When a marriage fails, sometimes people try to find scapegoats other than their former spouse. It's hard to believe that she didn't suspect her husband at all--nor was it your duty to report suspicions to her, Dee. Of course you know all this, but it doesn't hurt to hear it from others as well.

I hope she writes back!

Anvilcloud said...

I have found that some old friends will be glad to resume a relationship and that others aren't there. I don't know why that it but it is. We'll see how this attempt pans out for you.

Wendy said...

You've taken the step. It's all you can do for now. I've done the same thing with a few friends, and some were so happy to hear from me, and one never replied. So ... all you can do is try. Good luck.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.