The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Friday, September 29, 2006


It started out as one of those rather blah, dreary fall days where it does little but drizzle rain but the clouds slowly parted and we do have some sun peeking thru right now.

You know from some previous posts that we have been having issues with one daughter but she did call today and ask me for a recipe of her favorite casserole which is meatloaf on the bottom of a pie pan then bake it for about 45 min. then put valveeta cheese and melt it on then put mashed potatoes on top and bake for another fifteen minutes. Very good recipe for anyone who is looking for something to do in a hurry. I was just glad she called and we did talk for awhile. I am keeping those doors open for her. I want her to know she is loved and cared for no matter what. I felt better after she called.

As you can see the new cat is settling in just fine. She is a very lovey dovey cat and I am so glad we have her. We took her for her shots and she was a real trooper. She is getting fixed next month and the vet says she is about 9 mos. old now so we are going to keep her from our other cats in her own room where she has claimed one of the chairs. She is very indignant when anyone even suggests she move off it.

3 comments:

Ava said...

I'm glad that you got to talk with your daughter. It always makes one worry less.

So, what is your meatloaf recipe that goes with this dish?

Very pretty cat.

Anvilcloud said...

That is a nice cat, and I'm glad that the lines of communication are open. The recipe sounds interesting; maybe you should publish it.

Anvilcloud said...

Too funny: it looks like I am talking about the lines of communication with your cat (above). Should be careful about mixing two thoughts into one sentence.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.