The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Friday, September 15, 2006

I am on someone's 'list' now.....

Three years ago our neighbors called and accused my husband of shooting their dog. He did not do it. We do not shot dogs. We find homes for them or return them to their owners if they have lisecense. These people have always let their dogs run loose with no liscense. I was even bit by one a few years ago and did not do a thing but clean it up and hope the dogs did not have rabies as I did not want to cause trouble with them. They had six of them this summer running loose and raising hell here. They came down here and harassed our dogs. Our dogs are in the house mostly but I was afraid they would attack them if they were outside and six on one would not be much of a fight. Since one of dogs very small, it would be no fight at all for her.

Last week they tore a fawn apart. A doe and her twins were running from them and one was not fast enough. Poor baby was ripped apart. It could have been I child. We called the dog catcher and now they are going to be sited for not having liscense and stuff.

I will cost a pretty penny but I am tired of it. They will not take care of their dogs. I take care of mine and keep them under control and I think they should too.

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You've been patient. Enough is enough.

Granny said...

Enough is more than enough. If they can't take decent care of their animals and respect the rights of others, they shouldn't have the dogs.

Wendy said...

Enough is enough ... and it does NO good to let the dogs run loose. In fact, it's just plain neglegent. (I don't think I spelled that correctly!)

Dee said...

We have little kids aged two and three around here and I worry about them just as much as I do the dogs. The dogs are not getting the proper care and they are hungry, that is why they are chasing these deer. But what if that had been a child? Everyone would be in an uproar, demanding to know why no one did a damned thing about the dogs and placing more blame on them then the owners. When It comes to loose dogs, I blame the owners. I can understand a dog getting away from an owner at times but to just let them run loose without thought of what could happen to the dogs or other people who may appoarch them, not to mention the wildlife, is wrong.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.