The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Hey....

I am a christian. I have been one for a long time. I am not a bible thumber or someone who is out to change you. I have enough problems dealing with the troubles in my little spot of the world and taking care of things in my life. I cannot take care of things in yours....

But I will say, God bless you and I will pray for you when I feel you are troubled. I don't think that is forcing my beliefs on you.

I have a live and let live attitude about this. I will not try to force anyone to go to chruch or read the bible or whatever but if you asked if I am a christian, I will tell you yes. I am. I am not ashamed of it but I am ashamed of many who say they are christians then spout hatred towards anyone who disagrees with them.

How can you be a christian and be cheerful at the thought of a gay person suffering from aids as some seem to be? A true christian would be volunteering at aids clinics and giving the person dying of aids a shoulder to lean on when he needs it. You would be there to talk to them and give them some hope. Let them know you care. Would jesus be doing that or would he be screaming that they deserve to die like that? You answer that question. My guess is he would be spoon feeding the dying aids patient rather than sceaming hell's fire and brimstone at him.

And, in case you have not heard, aids is not a gay disease. It is a disease that affects hetroes too.

Jeusus would not be bombing abortion clinics either. He would be comforting those who survive the bombings but he would not be doing them. Nor would he support anyone who bombs them.

No matter how you feel about the abortion issue, bombing the clinics are not the act of a christian. Not eveyone in those clinics are there for abortions. There are many who go there for fertility visits too. What about the babies in those petri dishes or the men and women who go there? You could kill one of them in your haste to do what you think is God's will and then what? Shame on you for even thinking the Eric Rudolf's of the world are to be idolized.

And the next time you think about sending money to Pat Robertson or some of those other t.v evangelist, take that money out and give it to your local homeless shelter or to another agency that helps the poor in your area. That will do you more good then sending it to Benny Hinn.

No comments:

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.