The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

So many things, so little time and sooo confusing.....

I am getting ready for our vacation. We are going away for awhile to Detroit. My family lives there. I don't know about you but when I go on a vacation, I want to stay in a hotel rather than with the people I visit. I think I enjoy the visits more. They do not have to think they are entertaining me and rush around to get the house cleaned and everything prepared for the visit.
I just call and say I am here, let's go out to eat and do whatever we are going to do.How can I enjoy my visit if my host is too tired to do much cause she has spent the week cleaning and filling her fridge with food for us?

Now, I have a friend that I will be going out to visit next year and she insits I stay with her but I am going to have a hotel room for my girls to stay at if they chose. If we stayed at her house, it would probably just be me. She and I like to spend all night talking like the teenagers we once were when we were kids. Lots of fun....

Besides, the hotel will have a pool and the girls will not be complaining about being bored if there is a pool around. They both love the pools.

No comments:

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.