The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Friday, June 10, 2005

I could just scream....

I got up with good intentions on going on line and paying my bills. I do pay them, you know. Contrary to what some might think, I am a trustworthy person.

I went to my banking page and made sure that all the ones that were to be paid for by my bank, were paid. There were a few adjustments but no real problems. Then it came time pay my electric bill which has been paid thru paymybill.com for years. It would not work. No matter what I did, it still would not work. Aha, I will call the power company. I called and it seemed like there no poeople there but there were lots of recordings. None of those recordings would tell me how to pay my bill. It did say to go on line and where to to and it was......myfreechecks.......wait.....what happened to paymybill? Why was it sending me to myfreechecks? I pondered this for a moment before calling the company again and finally being told I could talk to a human voice if I was willing to wait ten minutes. Well, i waited, and waited, and waited some more. Looks like I will be going to the bill paying office that I hate tomorrow to pay this bill cause I am going away next week and it is due.

And why do I hate this particular office? Cause it is run by two old biddies who have nothing better to do then to stand around and scratch their asses while they talk about everyone in the neighborhood and frown at you for having bothered them with this bill.

2 comments:

Skater Girl said...

dee,

I hate those machines.. whenever you call any company especially the financial ones.. They always put you on a machine.. and when you got a human that answer it after 10 mins.. they hang up on you.. Dang!!! that really psst my husband off.. He has a few choice words for that!!..

And about the old bitties.. I do agree with you.. and they thought the customers have nothing better to do to keep on calling them...

Dee said...

Well there are a few places like that. I try to steer clear of them.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.