The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Monday, June 06, 2005

a little bit of very thing...

Ever have racing thoughts. I have them today. They are when you sit down to write and your mind is filled with all these thoughts popping in and out of your head. I hate them but there is little I can do about them. For instance, I wanted to start talking about a book I was reading in here when all of a sudden these thoughts about my brother and some things he said 30 years came popping into my brain and I start thinking if I go to detroit to see him like I plan he might remember that fight and some of the nasty things I said then my foster sister popped into my head and and said a few things while is seemed like my husband was running around in my brain too.

Anyway.....I love crime books. True crime storie and the real dectective ones that seem real. Not the ones from the forties but the ones from today. My daughter brought me about 20 really good suspense and thriller books home but I am sitting here thinking I want to re read the first three books in the gunslinger series and finish the whole series off. I stopped reading at about the third book but I am thinking I will start it all over. I am the type that gets panicky if I have less than 20 books on my shelf that I have not read.

I love scrabble. I sit here and play scrabble and my husband has to bribe me to get me off when I am doing that. I don't often win but I do love playing.


My books, my computer, my pets and my friends are often what keeps me sane. There are times when I don't know what I would do without them. My family is wonderful but they cand not help me escape every day problems the way a good book can. They cannot always find something good in me and love me unconditionally the way my dogs and cats do. My computer gives me another avenue of escape. I can go to places I've never been and talk to people who seem to understand how I feel about some things. My real friends, on-line and in real life have pulled me thru many rough times. What would I do without any of these things?

No comments:

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.