The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Funny how time passes

I was sitting on my couch looking at some old photos of when my kids were younger and yearning for the days they still lived here when I realized that Kris's adoption birthday will soon be here. You see, my kids get to celebrate two birthdays. The day they were born and the day they became ours. I feel that both days are important and we try to do something special on those days. Or, since they are working, on a day close to that time. She likes chinese so we may take her out to a chinese dinner and maybe a movie. We shall see.

It really does hardly seem like she is a a young lady ready to graduate from college next year. She barely resembles the skinny little girl with freckles and a mop of wild curly red hair. She was tough kid who had a tough life and they did not think she would ever amount to much of anything. They referred to her a sorta trampy and she was only a child when she came here.
She was a woman in a child's body. One that never had a childhood because she was left to care for her younger brothers and sisters and she was not old enough to take care of herself, let alone all five of them.

They did not give us much hope of her ever amounting to much. They were wrong.

I told her the time will come that if she so chooses she can go back to those people and stand before them and tell them just how wrong they were about her. Not shove it in their face but let them know the trampy little street fighter just needed someone to give her a chance to make something of her life.

I think alot of kids are like that. They are tough on the outside and hurt on the inside because no one really cares about them. All they need it a chance in life.....

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Well, apparently, you've met your calling in life -- it's not often one gets to give another a chance like you've done. You should be very proud of her, and of yourself. :~)

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.