The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A wonderful memorial day



I think this past memorial day was one of the best ones I have had in a long time. All of our family was together and for once theire was no bickering and fighting. I think as we are getting older, we are realizing how silly all that was at one time. Our mother in law is aging and we are all trying to make what might be her last holidays with us, enjoyable ones.

I do have some pics of my tulips I wanted to share with you.

3 comments:

Nature Girl said...

Hi Dee! Thanks so much for the kind words on my blog. I'm glad you had a great Memorial Day. Your tulips are gorgeous! I grew some much like these, you might like my photoblog, I have some of my tulips there in the archives. I read through several of your posts and we have alot in common. Your quilts are awesome! WOW you are right...a lost art! I made a quilt top once, a long time ago, but I never put it together. I LOVE to make jam and jelly, and I used to can alot, but not so much any more. Now that I have joined the ranks of the unemployed once again, I will probably can pickles and some sauces again. Anyway, I enjoyed your blog, We have several things in common! Stacie

Wendy said...

Very pretty!! We had a nice weekend too!

Granny said...

It isn't always possible to make peace but when we can (or at least make the attempt) it saves a lot of looking back with regret.

Lovely flowers.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.