The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Monday, May 22, 2006

I had a very good day to day. My youngest is moving out and we decided to give her our couch. It was the one we had in the family room in the basement. We had two couches, on chair and a day bed there. I decided to make her room into a sewing room so I am bringing the day bed up there tomorrow. I want to fix it up so I can sit there and quilt while watching some of my shows. I have been tearing it all out and moving stuff in. I felt kinda sad about it all but she must move on. I did not want anyone holding me back from life and I will not do that to her.

I cried while hubby and I moved the stuff but had my tears dried when I got to her apartment. It was a nice visit with her and she is coming tomorrow. She has her cat, taters with her. Yes, I parted with taters and was so worried about how he would relate to her roomies cat and they are like the best buddies. I was happy for both the cat and my daughter. Sounds weird, I know but that is how I felt.


All and all, it was good day. :)

2 comments:

Granny said...

It's hardest when the youngest leaves.

Mine left two or three times before he finally really left. It happens sometimes.

Wendy said...

Glad things are good!!

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.