The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Another vent

A business near us had to shut down and put 6 people and the owner out of work. Oh, it iwas a small business and some people might find it no great loss because of the number of people put out of work, not to mention a good man having his life ruined because some kids decided to ride a four wheeler on his propet and one of them wrecked and was severly hurt.

The girls parents decided to sue for a large amount of money. They sued and won such a large amount, the man decided he could no longer operate his business because he money she won, wiped him out. He had signs up but there is little that can be done even if the signs asking them to stay off are there. I don't know if he could have won if he let it go to court or not but I would have taken them to court had it been me.

I was told by a state trooper that if they come onto my property I was to take their keys and ask them to walk off the property then call the cops to report them. They would make them remove the four wheelers.

I am not anti four wheelers but I do think they should not be on my property unless I give them permission. And I should not be responsible for what happens to them when they are on their without my permission. I was always taught to respect other people's property and not to do anything on their property without asking permission.

With all the deaths being caused by these things, I have to wonder why there is not more outrage over the kids being killed on them. Some that are killed on them are ten and under. That is way to young for kids to be driving them, I don't care where they are driving them. There should be an age limit and they should be liscensed. Those kids that were almost killed were thirteen and fourteen.


I feel sorry for the kids that are hurt and many whose lives are ruined because to their injuries or they have to live with the fact they lost a loved one because their parents allowed them to ride four wheelers without an adult around to supervise. My friend lost a twelve year old son to such an accident. He was driving and it flipped over, killing him. While I sympathized with her, I wanted to grab her and scream, 'He was twelve! Why in the hell was he driving that thing? Couldn't you say no to him once?" He always got what he wanted to so he got a fourwheeler for his birthday.......

I had to stop and save this for awhile because I get bent out of shape and so frustrated when I think of how lax the laws are where these dangerous machines are concerned.


If you own a four wheeler, please treat it with the same respect you would a car and do not let young kids ride them unsupervised. Before riding it on someone else's property, please ask. If they say no, move on.....

No comments:

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.