The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Back after a trip into butler to get some flowers for our flower garden out front. I love my flowers. My roses and Mums are so lovely. I got more mums, petunias (stinky but pretty) and a few other flowers. We put some chicken wire over the place we are planting the zinnias so the cats will not bother them.

I don't know why but I am very irritable to night. I guess things are just getting to me and I am trying to keep busy and not let them get me down but I am really tired. In body and soul, it seems. I get this way but I will shake it off.

I have my dogs tied out in the yard. I put them out there for a few minutes several times a day. I do not think it is right for people to get dogs and just tie them up. My dogs are part of this family and I think it is so sad when I drive by houses and see dogs that are tied out for days at a time and never taken inside. I feel sad for the poor dogs but just as sad that the owners will never know what a great companion they are missing out on having. I could never imagine life without my dogs.

I saw a bumper sticker today that said, Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church. Well, I have never been one for screaming prayers and shouting hallieugh but that is dumb. No one is forced to go to my church. But kids are forced to go to school on a daily basis. I do not think kids should be forced to pray but those who wish to pray should not be told they can't. It should all be on a volunteer basis.

3 comments:

Leesa said...

I totally agree with you on the dogs, I could never tie mine up outside and leave them for very long. I also hate it when I pass houses with dogs tied up all the time.
Oh and the prayer/school thing is right on.

Unknown said...

i totally agree with you on the prayer issue to.
"Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church"
i think the author of this quote also would allow prayer but just couldnt resist the "cleverness" of his dig on religion.
i never met someone who wanted to ban praying for those who believe. Only dumbasses who cant get enough layman's terms philosophy. goddamn theres too many of those.

Nicolette said...

My mother notoriously purchased her house because it had a nice yard for the dog.

My dogs play for 10-15 minutes and then come back inside. And they're usually more than willing. Play is great, unless it cuts into nap time.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.