The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Thinking of my calico friend....

jThere is not a dog or cat that I have owned that I have forgotten once it was gone. A few years ago I lost my calico cat, gizmo. She was lovely. I may dig up a pic of her to show on here. She was a stately lady as far as cats go. She was one that did not want you to pet her unless she gave you permission to do so. But if she wanted petted and you ignored her, watch out. She would meow and slap at you with her paw. Regal is the best way I could describe her. Any way, when I lost her, a friend suggested I go to the rainbow bridge site. I check in there every so often and see what I can find. I found this poem today and it reminds of how I felt when she died. Or , how I feel when any of my pets pass on.

"Wishes" (for Okie)
We wish we could have told you,in words you'd understand,
We wanted you to stay with us
.This wasn't what we'd planned.
We wish somehow to tell you,How empty we now feel.
A part of us went with you,
A part that time can't heal.
We wish we'd once more hear you,
in your softly, rumbling purr,
to hold you on our laps againand stroke your golden fur.
We wish we had you back again,
to fill this empty space.
But one day we'll be togetherin a far,
far better place.


There is always an empty space when a loved one passes on and my pets are among my loved ones.


If you have never been to rainbow bridge and have lost a pet, go here......

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

No comments:

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.