The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Friday, April 15, 2005

No one knows.........

No one knows what it is like to deal with the mentally ill unless you live with them. My daughter is mentally ill and it is so heartbreaking so see this lovely young woman suffer as she does. I have no idea what demons posess her for it surely seems as though she is posessed at times. She talks to people who are not there. She sees blood coming thru her walls at night when her meds are not working.

And all we can do is stand by and wonder if the new drugs she is taking will soon take hold and help her get past this hump. You have no idea how scary it is at times. We have been to the hospital three times now cause she almost killed herself. Each time she has to go I am afraid it will be the last time. It has taken its toll on us but it has been so much worse on her. Imagine talking to people who are not there and realizing the world thinks you are nuts cause you do see things and people that seem so real. They are real to you but not to the rest of the world.

She had her tubes cut Monday cause she is so afraid to have children. She is afraid she will hurt them. In my heart I know she did the right thing but part of me wants to cry for her....

4 comments:

Nicolette said...

Dee-
Had no idea you were going through all of that. I'm sorry. And I feel nothing but compassion for your daughter.

Dee said...

It is really hard to live with her and many say I should toss her out but I can't do that. It is amazing though the number of people who have told me to do that and I wonder what they would do if it were their child. We have been told that she will never mature beyond the age of 13 and that is about where she is now.

She is a good person but has so many strikes against her.

Unknown said...

my heart goes out to you. and especially to her.

Nicolette said...

I know it has to be tough - as to the other people, the world is filled with DrPhilWannaBes.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.