The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

It's late in the evening...

Actually it is very early in the morning here and i ahve not gone to bed yet. I am just not tired. I think the pain pills I took about an hour ago may be kicking in here. I had to take some vicodan and my daughter told me I would be very popular in some areas if teens knew I had it. I guess they take it for some reason. Some sort of high. I don't like pills that much.

I have an strained muscle in my back.

But here are a few things about me....
1. I never had any kids. Mine are adopted so I did it what I call the easy way. No diapers and such. they were young but not that young when we adopted them.
2. I am a moderate married to a conservative. He is very conservative and almost annoying with it at times but he was not conservative enough to vote for bush. He is just conservative in many other ways. Old fashioned to the point where it is funny at times.
3. I wear dresses but would love to be able to just kick back in a pair of shorts right now but it is too cold.
5. I love flowers as long as they are outside. I do not like bouquets. It gets to smelling like a funeral parlor and I hate that. I love roses and have about ten bushes. I have lilacs, hyacinths, lilies, tulips, hollyhocks, blackeyed susans and zinnias galore. I want to get some gladiolas too.
6. I am a country girl but I love seeing the cities and just traveling thru them and seeing all the things that there is to see there. My dream is to take a trip across the u.s. My husband says he wants to but he wants me to leave the dogs with his sister but that is not going to happen. No way. I go, they go.
7. I am at the age where I think being a granny would be cool but not til my kids are ready and I don't know if they will ever be ready.
8. I have just recently discovered blogging and I love it. I really enjoy reading all the different blogs and commenting on them.
9. I love to swim. I wish we had a pool but that is not going to happen for two more years and then we might just make do with a hot tub.
10. I have an old friend I would like to get in touch with but am not sure how to do it so if you can help me on this, feel free to do it. We parted when we found out her husband was running aound on her and using my husband and me to do it. He would tell her he was coming here and he was really going to see one of his many girlfriends. Should I have told her about him? I felt I would be damned no matter what I did. Besides I think she knew but just did not want to admit it. Any way, she moved away from here and I have wanted to visit her and talk to her but I am not sure how I would go about doing it......................

I like keeping in touch with friends and she slipped away from me.

No comments:

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.