The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Okay. I have not been here for awhile cause the damned back went out on me. I have had probmems with it since I was in a wreck several years ago when hubby and I were newly married and he was drinking and driving and I was stupid enough to think I could change him.

We were supposed to go visit some friends and he had decided to stop at a bar on the way home. When he got home, I could smell the booze on him and decided I was not going but he decided he was going to go, drunk or not. Well, he would not let me drive as I just had a learners permit at that time. (I have eye problems and cannot drive now but I was learning then) I was still going to save the day and save him by going along, thinking my being there and his love for me would make him drive like a normal person. You know how it is when you are young and in love..............

Well, he was going ninety and I cried, "slow down' and he laughed like woody woodpecker and the next thing I knew they I was laying in a heap of metal and he was on top of me. I thought he was dead and screaming when he looked down at me and asked what happened. I spent a week in the hospital, thanking god I was alive and cursing him for drinking. He never drank and drove after that. He said he would not and he hasn't.

And he feels guilty over it as he should. But I was stupid to think I could keep him from wrecking that night as you cannot reason with a drunk.

Oh, well, he did change and for that I am thankful. My back hurts like hell but I am thankful he is no longer drinking and driving and no one else was hurt that night.

1 comment:

Jon Lai said...

Thanks dee for stopping by my page. You should get a tagboard from http://chatter.flooble.com so people can all leave comments :)

firstly, i thank GOD your husband's a changed man. I drink a little but not excessively but a lot of times, there is no excuse to get drunk anyway. Its an unpleasant and disgusting hobby. Not to mention the aftermath of the drink.

secondly, i hope your daughter will not be paranoid of guys in the future. i mean, not everyone is a woman-hitter. There truly ARE a lot of gentlemen out there. In fact, for every 50 of my friends, i wouldn't even find 1 abuser. So you know, its not all doom and gloom.

oh finally, nice blog btw, i should teach my mum how to use a computer ;p

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.