The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Why do they blame t.v.

If I hear one more person blame t.v. for the fact that some nut went out and killed someone, I am going to scream. Just because someone sees a person do it on t.v. that does not mean they are going to go out and do it. I was a woman get her throat cut the other night and I did not grab a knife and head out the door to where a woman I can't stand lives and cut her throat. T.v. is not the blame. Books are not the blame. Music is not the blame. Nuts who do it are the ones at fault. Blame them and hold them responsible for their actions. If they kill toss them in jail for the rest of their lives. No damned paroles for anyone who takes a life.

Then there are those who want to blame t.v. cause their kids are seeing too much violence. Gawd, the thing has a remote on it. If you can't understand what the on/off button is for, I will explain it to you some day. You parents who use your television as a baby sitting tool could get a v chip put in or have some form of parental control on your t.v. if you are that worried about what they are watching and stop putting televsions in their rooms where they can watch all the junk shows they want and not bother you.

Spend quality time with them and read to them. Get them interested in books while they are small and books will take a backseat to televison eventually.

But stop blaming t.v. for the ailments in this world.

1 comment:

Leesa said...

Amen girl, I agree with you 100%.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.