The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

another day....

It is very early sunday morning and I cannot sleep so here I am. I got a call from my daughter about her tests and it was pre cancer but they got it all when they removed the the lumps and she does have to go to the doctor every six months to make sure she stay cancer free. That was a load off my mind.

Today was my mother in laws 79th birthday. She is fading, it seems to me. She just seems to have lost some of the zest she had for living and while she was here she kept crying and telling me how much she loved us all. She is such a wonderful woman and I love her dearly. When she goes, I am going to be miserable. Lately the family seems to be bonding together and trying to make amends for things that have happened in the past and I think much of this is because she so desperately wants people to get along and we are all trying to make things easier for her.

We got her a box of candy as she loves chocolate covered nuts and one of those wrap around blankets that you can wrap around you like a house coat.

We also had cake and ice cream for her.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm SO glad for your daughter!! Good news indeed.

I hate seeing the people I love get older .... knowing the inevitable will come - I just make sure to tell them as frequently as possible, how much I love them, and how much they've enriched my life. I never want them to wonder or doubt.

Dee said...

The same here. I am so glad our thanksgiving went as it did this year with many of us around her that love her. She has always tried to show us nothing but love and respect and I am glad things are going as they are now.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.