The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Not good news....

My daughter had to go in and have a biobsy done on her uterus. She found out she may human papilloma and if that is what her problem is she may have cancer of the cervix. I surely hope not. She has had such a rough life with all her demons haunting her with her mental illness and the things her biological parents did to her when she was young.

I read someone's blog where it asked when parents are going to stop worrying and I have to say it never stops and right now I am so worried over her and what could happen to her. I know that some of it could be caused by her past sexaual behavior but damn, why does it have to be her to even have to think about this kind of stuff now? She calls me crying about it and there is nothing I can do but listen. I try to be the kind of mother I should be with her but it is so hard at times.

Yesterday I found out my favorite cousin has cancer of the bowel and they don't know it they got it all and today I find out my daughther may have it in her cervix. We will just have to wait and pray that she does not have it.

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Sorry about that Dee. Of course we wish for the best -- a false alarm.

Wendy said...

I'm very sorry. I can hear your heart and it's anguish. I don't mean to belittle her experience, but please keep a positive mindframe on this. I too was stricken with a very similar situation that turned out well. So, keep your faith - and press ahead.

Darlene said...

Be grateful that you, too, are a mother whose daughter feels she can confide in you. I know so many women whose daughters won't. My daughter's the same as yours, willing to--wanting to--tell me about both her ups and downs. But my how hard it is when they have problems, when we don't know what to say that can help, although I know just being willing to listen is one of the best balms they can have. And especially just knowing that we truly care.

From one mother to another, my heart goes out to you. May you have the strength to hold up during this ordeal. And may some miracle happen--please--that shows the test results were wrong, or at least they'll be able to do something to heal her.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.