The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Things to be thankful for this year..........

I have so much to be thankful for this year. I was worried about daughter but the news was better than we expected and she will be okay but will have to be monitored for any growths for the next few years because the growths are pre cancerous but once they are removed it is okay as long as she gets them in time. So some worries but not as bad as we thought they might be. A mixture of news I guess. It could have been so much worse. Thank God it wasn't.

I have to tell you I had a fantastic day yesterday. My eldest was not able to make it as her car broke down and they did get it up and running but it was pretty late and that was the only down side. But my bil and his family called to say they were just going to stop in and see his mom who was with us for the day said they were going to just stay a few minutes and I told them to bring their appetites and stay.

Now, a little bit of background here.........His brother and I always got along but his sister in law and he did not. She never really wanted to come here or do things here. Well, it seems as though she has decided to have a change of heart and they were here, along with my nephew and his SO. We ate, laughed and played cars til well into the night and we had a great time. She is proof that people can change. She really talked and told me some things I did not realize about her and what was going on in her life at the time and I think much of it just overwhelmed her and she lashed out at people.

I feel good today though and really feel blessed in so many ways.....

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.