The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Believe it or not..


Believe it or not I was a published writer at one time. I was young, had no children and alot of time on my hands at the old farm were we resided.

I decided to take a home course in writing. I would not say it was waste of time. No venture into the educational realm is wasted. But I don't think my style of writing changed much. I continued as I had for years and wrote when I felt the mood hit me. And I sold stories.

Granted it was nothing that would bring me the pulitizer prize but I am pleased to say my husband was proud of those short stories and kept some of the ones I had all but forgotten about writing.

I felt as though I have been paid twice for those stories. Why?

First, I was paid when the pay check that came in the mail, by no means big but still a payment for something I loved doing. The second time was when I realized that my husband was proud of what I had done and saved them all these years.

Guess which 'payment' means the most to me. *s*

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That guess is easy. :)

Leann said...

I always wanted to have some thing I wrote in a book.a few years ago I put a poem on one of the poem blogs and they put it in a book along with one my daughter put in.so we are both in the same book.its nice to have others enjoy your work.God bless.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.