The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The simpler things....

">Link
I have not been on for the last few days and one of the reasons is my daughter was home and she, my husband, and I, spent the evenings doing simple things like reading, talking and putting a large puzzle together. It is a puzzle with a blue jay on it and a blue backgound with some snow at the bottom. As I sat out there putting the pieces in and laughing I thought of how much I miss those times when our family did these things. The time before the computer and the television invaded our lives and seemed to take every moment over.

I thought of the hours on end we spent playing uno or Rummy with my in laws. My fil has been dead almost twenty years and I am so glad for all the wonderful evenings we spent with him and the rest of the family laughing and playing card games. The kids loved them too.

We would sit out on the porch and talk in the summer. Watch people walk by and wave to the neighbors while the kids played in the yard. The best times I had with my mom were when we sat on the porch and talked for hours about.....everything.

You see we did those things because we had no money to go out and do so many of the things people spend money to do. I thought we were poor. It was not until last night that I realized we were very rich. Very rich, indeed.

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Indeed!

Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Love this! Thanks for visiting mine, and come back often!

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.