The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Computer illiterate here...

">Link
I know more about computers today then I did ten years abo but there are still some basics I do not know. I have a windows xp home edition here. I have had no problems with it but my outlook express does not seem to want to work right as some ddl files are missing. I was hoping my registry mechanic could fix it as I have been searching the net for days trying to figure out how but could not come up with anything. I can't seem to reinstall it without buying windows ep home edition discs again since my daughter borrowed all seven and only returned about four. One of those has the outlook express on. Anyone got any ideas as to how I can fix this? I will go back to searching, hoping I can find the answer....

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Sorry. I can't think of anything except getting in touch with Micrsoft if you still have the registration numbers or if you're sure they have your name on file. The might fix you up at no charge or for a modest fee if you can prove that you're legit.

Dee said...

Thanks a.c but am having other problems now. I cannot have two seperate windows going. If I have one up, and open another the first one closes. I may have to reinstall things.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.