The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Yes, I am a christian....

I don't get loud and boastful about but I will not shy away when someone ask me if I am a christian. Yes, I am. I am a Baptist also but that is not important to me. I feel that you can go to any church, or no church at all and still be a christian. You can worship God in the privacy of your home or in the fields. Buildings mean little to God. It is what is in your heart.

I attend chruch because I like the feeling of fellowship there but my mother in law is a solitary person and does not like crowds so she sits at her kitchen table each day and reads her bible and quietly goes about her life, living what I and many others feel is a christian life. She never utters a nasty word about anyone and refuses to exchange tasty bits of gossip about anyone. She does what she can for her family and friends.

Yet I have known many who claim to be christian then shout profanities and tell all those who disagree with them they are going to hell. I shake my head and wonder where they got the idea they could behave themselves in that manner and still make it thru the pearly gates.

They get angry at me because I don't pass judgement on anyone. Oh, I am not perfect so I may have a bad thought about certain people or mutter a word I shouldn't but I try not to do such things. My foster mom once told me, 'you may be the only bible some people read so watch yourself'.

I have friends who are athiest and I love them dearly. We understand and respect each to much to try and force our views on each other. I talk to them and say a pray for them but I still consider them my friends.

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I'm not sure what I am, but I think you have the right idea.

Dee said...

ac...You may not be but you act more the way one should act than many who claim they are, do.

Granny said...

you may be the only bible some people read so watch yourself'.

I love that line. There are as many different ideas of what a Christian is as there are Christians I think but I'm with James in thinking faith without works is dead.

It's what we do much more than what we say.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.