The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Day Vs NIght

One thing my husband has learned not to do thru the years is to argue with me about what time I go to bed.

He is a day person. He is up bright and early. Seven o'clock comes around and if he is in bed, he has slept in. He bounces out of bed, showers, shaves and it out in the kitchen fixing coffee by seven thirty.

While he is doing that, I am burying my head in the covers, cursing him for being so cheerful and waking me out of my wonderful deep dark slumber. I am a night person. I come alive when the sun goes down. My whole family is like that. At least my foster family is and I found out all my cousins, except one lonely odd ball that goes to bed a ten and gets up at six, are night people. I can remember my foster mother reading and writing letters to her other daughters at two and three in the morning. She would often do her housework at night. (I do too. I was running the sweeper at 1:30 am the other night.)

I do much of my blogging and writing at night. It is now 1:22 a.m. I am wide awake. I hope I can fall asleep when I go to bed at two and force myself to try and sleep. I have morning appointments this week and would really like to get there on time. But every time I think of turning off the computer, I think of a blog that I have not seen or worked on.

My jobs have always been afternoon and night jobs. I worked as a waitress on the three to eleven shift at about four different restaruants. My only day job was for a home for the aged and it did not last long. I was back working the night shift again at another nursing home.

I think some people are just meant to be night people. I told my foster sister that the time I missed mom the most was when it was after midnight and I had no one to call. She called me the other night after midnight to remind me she was there and had no one to talk to at that time of the day either.

You might wonder if you can live with a day person and you are a night person. You can. You just have to work out a system. I will go in and lay down and talk to hubby and curl up next to him til he goes to sleep then get up and go about my business. We both have adjusted to each others schedule and it has worked very well for us for a number of years.

I am happy and he is happy. That is all that matters. Good night.

Oh, when I had the kids to get up for I got up and got them off to school then went back to bed.

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I was up reading until 4:00 this morning.

Dee said...

I was up til three. *s*

Leesa said...

I'm the exact same way. I start really going at night. Hubs is the morning person. We do okay, but I hate that cheery biz in the mornings too!

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.