The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

100 things about me.

1. I am tall. 5"9"
2. I am chubby..What my daughter calls 'fluffy'.
3. I wear glasses.
4. I have dyed blond hair. (it is really crappy brown)
5. I wear hats a lot.
6. I have been known to wear a wig.
7. I like to wear dresses at times.
8. I live in the country.
9. My mother was blind and disabled.
10. My father deserted us when I was 4 and she was preggers with my brother.
11. She was unable to care for us so we were placed in foster care when I was six.
12. I lived in an orphanage called the Willard Home.
13. I was passed from one foster home to the other (some abusive) until I went to live with the woman we was going to raise me. She was 63 and had three daughters all a lot older than me.
14. I had three foster sisters and one foster brother. (she was raising a grandson who was younger than me.)
15. I am a christian.
16. I graduated from Purchase Line High School.
17. I worked as a waitress and a nurses aide. Both jobs are thankless ones but one does what one has to do.
18. I lived in Kansas City MO. For two years.
19. At 21 I was reunited with my mother. (with the blessings of my foster mom.)
20. I helped my mom get out of an abusive relationship.
21. I had a years worth of nurses training.
22. I have a great husband.
23. I have two girls.
24. One is in college studying to be an art professor.
25. One lives about three miles from us now and is mentally ill.
26. When I was younger I always dreamed of owning a horse. I love them but do not own one.
27. I have three dogs.
28. I have three cats.
29. I have been chatting with the same chat group since 1996.
30. I love humming birds.
31. I hate prejudice of any kind.
33. I love my mother in law.
34. I idolized my father in law.
35. Twilight is my favorite time of the day. I love to sit out on the porch on summer nights and wait for the moon to rise as I listen to the night sounds.
36. I love all kinds of music except rap.
33. I love horror suspense books. +-
34. Reading true crime stories is something I love too.
35. Ann Rule is one of my favorite authors.
36. I belief in ghosts. I have never seen one but many of my friends and relatives have.
37. I have family in Michigan and go there to see them.
38. I hate lightening.
39. I hate the sound screech owls make at night.
40. I hate liars.
41. I love to quilt.
42. I have been to Canada.
43. I am a diabetic.
44. I have nueropathy in my legs and feet.
45. I hate ticks that get on my cat when he gets out. I do not want to touch them.
46. I love Italian cuisine.
47. I hated snow peas when I was a kid and would not try until the other day. I like them now.
48. I love seafood. Shrimp is my favorite.
49. My favorite actress is Charleze Theron
50. I have no favorite actor.
51. I have no real favorite movie. I like many. Too many to mention.
52. I love the smell of new mown grass.
53. I love the sound of knee-deeps in the summer.
54. I love catching lightening bugs.
56. I love swimming. I cannot get enough of it.
57. I love CSI. Any of them.
58. I love A&E channel and Court TV as well as any of the discovery channels.
59. Animal planet is right up there too.
60. I loved trout fishing at our camp.
61. I hate talking on the phone. Seriously. I talk to one or two of my friends but anyone else, it is hello, how are you? And what do you want?
62. I would rather email or IM.
63. I like to cook.
64. I do not like most of the fast food places. If I am there, it is cause my kid works there or they want to go there.
65, I hate the enzyte commercial and Bob. I don't care about him or the little missus.
66. I love the old songs of the beatles and Rod Stewart.
67. I prefer men my own age or about five years younger.
68. I have had some short stories published.
69. I hate cold damp weather.
70. I love snow at Christmas.
71. I hate it when people asked how I am all the time and they don't really care.
72. Blue is my favorite color.
73. I love little kids.
74. I would have had four if I could have had them but I realize two is enough for me.
75. I have been on welfare. (8mos.)
76. I have been in an abusive relationship.
77. I believe God answers prayers.
78. I do not like george bush.
79. I am afraid of being lonely.
80. I lost a friend cause her husband was cheating and I did not tell her.
81. I learned to be very protective of my friends and family.
82. I have learned to accept myself no matter what anyone says.
83. I have two Silas that I love.
84. I have one in law that I tolerate. No more, no less.
85. I try not to gossip.
86. I love all kinds of coffee with cream. I really like the international ones.
87. I love tea. Especially green tea with honey.
89. I like cookouts in the summer.
90. Love family gatherings.
91. I used to live on a farm and loved it.
92. I love old Victorian style houses.
93. I love surprising people with gifts. My best friend is about to become a grandmother. Her daughter is a sweetie. I gave her the one gift she want for her shower and surprised her a week later with a quilt I made for her baby. I am doing the same thing for another young woman.
94. I like Bill Maher.
95. I love roses. I do not like them as gifts though.
96. My favorite gift from hubby is a heart made of granite. We did not have a lot of money one year and he had a job with a contruction company. He made a heart for me and put his name on the back. I have had it in my kitchen for 20 years.
97. I do not like people who pass judgment on others.
98. I hate bear meat.
99.I collect dolls.
100. I love to do things like this.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW!! I'm supposed to be getting ready for work, so I read through this quickly, but GREAT LIST! I will re-read again tonight. Have a great day!!

Wendy said...

Well now missy ... we have alot in common! I love tea, Beatles, new cut grass, hate liars, love animals, victorian homes, etc. Very cool list! You know, I've read a few lists here in blogger where people have had some very rough upbringing. I need to phone my parents tonight and thank them. I'm glad your life is good now! Sweet dreams now - time for my bed so I can get up again tomorrow and do it all again!! ;-)

Leesa said...

Great list! We have ALOT in common :)

Linda said...

Neat list. Thanks for your comment on my blog!

mmichele said...

regrding # 78... thought you'd like this vignette...
we were in the states last week (we're from canada) and saw a sign that said "bush lake 5 miles." my 11 year old commented, with some disgust, "did they have to name a LAKE after him?"

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.