The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Do I believe?

There are some things I believe in without question. I do believe in God. I believe in my husband and my best friends Cindy and Bonnie. They are both 'my rock' when I need one.
But those are sensible things to believe in, right? God, husbands (mine anyway) and best friends.

What about ghosts? I have often wondered if they really do exist even if I have never seen one. I have to say I have felt things that have caused me to ponder the existance of such things.

Once when I was in school, (my nurses training program which I was in for a year), I was living on a campus where there was some very old buildings. On the lower floor of my dorm building was the laundry room. I remember going down there one night and while I was the washer was running, I sat and studied. While studying, something tapped me on the back. I shrugged it off and waited for the person to say 'excuse me' but nothing happened. I looked up and there was no one there. I suddenly jumped up, grabbed my books and ran out of the room. I left my laundry there till the next day. Later I had heard that other people had such experiences there too.

I lived in an old farmhouse. I loved it there. But some of my friends and relatives could not see how I could live there as they felt very uncomfortable. My mom claimed she saw an elderly gentle man in her room one night. He did not scare her but she just saw him. My friend said she saw a hand above her one night as she awoke from sleeping. My cousin, who is very physic would stay outside when she came to visit. Her and another friend said the house made them feel strange. I, on the other hand always felt someone was watching over me. I had a good feeling about the house. Once when my mother in law was visiting, we were sitting at the table talking when there was a crashing sound in the corner of the kitchen. There was nothing there. No pots fell (which is what it sounded like) or anything like that. We started laughing and said it must have been 'ole Mrs. M.' who was an elderly polish lady who owned the house before us.

After that I always joked and said she was looking out for me. Later I talked to a man who lived there before me and he asked how I could live in that house as long as I had. We lived there thirteen years. He said they only lived in it a few months but they could not stand the goings on at night there. (I did hear foot steps going up the stairs a few times at night.)

I felt there was something there. Especially in the one room upstairs but I never saw anything. I just never ventured up there at night for some reason. I think that part may have been my imagination going wild. Or, maybe not.

But several people I know and trust claim to have seen ghosts. they could be real. Could they not?

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Dee ... I haven't read this post yet, but I wanted to catch you about a camera. The more megapixels, the better the picture. Also, the more megapixels, often the cost goes up. This link for Bestbuy cameras should bring you to a page of 4 megapixel cameras with a range of prices. You can even find some 5 megapixels for around $200. If you don't need alot of zoom (avg. is 3x) (mine is 12x) these are good values for the megapixels. Just delete this comment so it's not under this post.

Wendy said...

I believe. I've had several experiences with 'something/one'. My mom told me to not fear them, but speak to them ... ask a name, etc. There may not be any tangible 'proof' that ghosts are real, but there isn't any tangible proof that they're not either, right? I lived in an old house for about 10 years. I know I had a lady living with me. I never wear perfume, yet I'd smell perfume in the house, and I'd hear what sounded like bakelite bangel bracelets clanking together .. and I was often awakened by a female calling my name. I was fine with her there though. We just did our own thing and shared the space. I actually kind of miss her now that I'm in a new home.

Dee said...

I kinda miss Ms. M too. I felt a certain sense of comfort with her. My husband knew her when she was alive and he said she was a very kind person. As to who the old man was that my mom saw, it is hard to tell as the house was over two hundred years old.

Dee said...

Wendy..not sure what my zoom is but under the lens it says f=5.8 millimeters f4.5 It is a fuji Max 1200.

Wendy said...

fuji This is 5 megapixel Fuji with 3x zoom for only $200 ... you can get the 4 megapixel for 150.00

Dee said...

Jon...I have seen anything but I have felt things and heard things that I could not find an answer as to why. And many of the people who told me they saw and heard things are good, god fearing people who have no reason to lie. I think all things are possible and God never gave us the answer to everything.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.