The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I heard it on the news........

While riding to the doctors office to get some of my blood tests done I had the radio on and they were talking about a study that showed those who set the purse on the floor while going to the bathroom in a public restroom end up with thirty percent fecal matter on their purse. Eeeeeeeeeeoooowww. I do not set it on the floor if there is a hook there but I am damned sure I I will hang it on my neck now rather than set it on the floor again. That is disgusting to think of.

I was in the bathroom the other day and my daughter was in one stall and another woman was on the other side. The other woman finished and walked out without washing her hands and my daughter came running out of hers ready to pounce on me cause she thought I did but I was innocent. We were at a restaurant so this woman probably went out and finished her meal without washing her nasty hands.

The study also said that if you do wash your hands, you should keep a paper towel with you to open the door as so many before you probably did not and You defeated the purpose of washing your hands.

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Yes, I have heard that is also about the percentage of people who have fecal matter on their hands.

Dee said...

AC..makes me sick to think people are that nasty.

Wendy said...

Oh, don't get me going. Public restrooms are one place that absolutely REPULSE me. I line the seat and still hover over it, I touch NOTHING that I don't HAVE to (use the foot to flush, etc) and I always wash, and use the papertowel that I'm drying with to open the door. Sometimes I hit upon a bathroom that has only a hand blower, no paper towel ... I've been known to stand in those bathrooms until someone else comes in, and I catch the door with my foot ... never touching the door ... as I scurry out. GROSS!!!!! Some people are so nasty! I did a post not too long ago about the public restroom directly beside my office. TOO MANY folks use it, and I can hear if they run the sink ... shudder!!

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.