The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Ponderings of last year and thinking of this coming year....

While I do not make resolutions I do think of things that have happened in this past year and wonder if I can do things slightly different this year.

One of the things that I have to realize is that my daughters are young women and not children who need to be told what to do. I often find myself thinking of them as teens rather than young women in their twenties who have minds of their own. It is very hard for me to think of them without wanting to smother them with mothering when they are home.

My eldest comes and goes. She lives for awhile on her own then moves back. That is fine with me. But my baby is moving out this summer and I am sort of wanting to stop her yet wanting her to try her wings and fly solo for awhile. Actually I want her room for an office and all that but I don't want her leaving. She is only twenty two and part of me has convinced myself that I do not want her to go. The other part is trying to push her out of the nest.

One of the things I want to do is make her room into my private room with my little tv. computer and all my hobby supplies in there. That is my plan.......

I never travel much but I have a friend in Illinois that I have not seen for many years. I am determined to take a road trip out there with my daughters this summer.

I want to be a better friends, the one in real life and cyber. I want to wish all of you who visit here, a happy new year.

2 comments:

Bonita said...

Thanks for stopping by 'Flitzy', and I wish you a Happy New Year, too.

We have worked quite hard getting our 5 children emancipated, also. They give it a try, then require a visit back home to reconsider their gameplan. It takes a lot of encouragement and patience. I had a guest room, as you have your plans for the personal space you imagine. I look forward to having my 'guests' gone, so I can change it into a personal space, too. Mothers rarely have a nook they can call their own.

Dee said...

I have not had a 'nook' to call my own for years. We have the family room in the basement and my husband has his room for his stuff but I do not have one for mine and I really do want that. *s*

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.