The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Not Found

Yesterday I went to visit a blog I had been visiting for some time. I had not seen anyone post there the last several times I went but I crossed my fingers and dropped by anyway, hoping to read something from this cyber friend who I had grown to like quite well since I started blogging a little over a year ago.

I clicked on it and got, "not found". My heart sank. What happened to her, I wondered. Is she ill, or did something worse happen to her? I am hoping that what happened to her is that she just got too busy to blog any more and is now leading an exciting life as a published author. That was her dream. I hope she is living her dream. I really do cause she is just a great person and deserved the very best life has to offer.

I feel that way about many of he people I meet in this land of cyberspace. A few I know have passed on because their relatives were kind enough to email me and tell me what has happened to them and I am always saddened by the loss of a wonderful friend.

I bet many others feel that sense of loss when they click on the page of a blogger and get 'not found'. Those who do not blog or chat on the net cannot understand how attached we can get to those who reach out across cyber space to talk to us and help us thru many of life's circumstances. Many times it is those in cyber land that I have turned too for advice when I could not talk to people in real life.

I hope the friend who is in the land of Not Found now, is happy and living life to the fullest. I wish her the very best but I do miss her............

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Isn't it amazing the "friends" we make here, and the comfort level we find that is so warm and enticing? I dread encountering a 'not found' at some point.

Leesa said...

I agree. I know that sinking feeling when another blogger disappears. Wild, isn't it?

Dee said...

Leesa and wendy........many do not understand the closeness I feel for some who are cyber friends but I can often tell them things I do not tell others in real life and, yes, I do feel a loss.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.