The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Pets at christmas...

My pets are important to me. Even at this time of the year. We do as much for them as we do our kids. We get them all gifts and have them open them. It will be a toy and treat for each but sassy. Sassy does not play with things. She was very abused when we got her and she does not know much about playing with toys. So we get her treats. She is quite happy.

My favorite story about christmas is the time we got my aunt a fruit cake. She loved fruit cake so we got her this real expensive one. I had it wrapped and under the tree. I went down christmas morning and found paper and bits of the fruitcake box all over the floor and a very fat beagle puppy with his stomach bulged out and a sheepish look on his face as if to say, "Who, me?"looking as me as his tail thumped the floor. It was funny but I was worried about him getting sick to watched him carefully for the next day.

I was mad but I had to laugh about it and luckily my aunt loved dogs and she understood. I mean this is a woman who kept a coon dog in her house and one day came home to find her dog and tore the house apart while treeing a coon that came into the yard, in her living room on a pole lamp in the corner. Apparently the dog was the coon and went thru the screen door after it and chased it into the house to tree it. Yes, she loved dogs so she understood. *s*

1 comment:

Bonita said...

Thanks for stopping by 'Flitzy', and I wish your daughter much success and happiness in her art. By the way, our cats are quite spoiled... :)

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.