The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Multi tasking....

Yesterday my husband was on the phone and I said something to him that needed a response but he was unable to answer since he was swapping stories with one of his buddies. When he hung up he said, "You know I can only do one thing at a time."

I looked at him and said, "You need to be a mother for day and you would know about multitasking. You would be able to talk on the phone, feed a kid and hold a conversation with another kid all at one time. "

He looked at me like I was crazy but I have done that. Most mothers I know have done that. They had to. Why can't men do it? Is it cause they can't concentrate or do they just have to think of one thing at a time in order to get it done right?

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Speaking as a male who can only occasionally do anything at any time, I think that we tend to be more task oriented than process or people oriented. It's like we have to drive to that goal line before we can think of kicking for the extra point.

Wendy said...

Oh Dee! Honestly ... I believe your question answers itself!! LOL! I spend all day, every day, multi tasking ... I know no other way to function. Men ... well, bless their souls. I think they spend alot of time devising ways to NOT multi task, just to get us to do more while they get to do less!! (ooh ... how cynical!!) Ok, ok .. I'm kidding. (sorta ..wink)

Dee said...

AC...glad to hear your input on this. *s* I think you are right.

Wendy..you have a point.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.