The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Eavesdropping....

I was all set to turn off the computer and go to bed when I decided to serf for some blogs. I found one where this person said they liked to eaves drop. I am not alone..................

I like to sit at a restaurant table and listen to the people behind me talk. I make up things about them as they talk. I find out the most wonderful things when I am eaves dropping in such places.

One day I was sitting in our favorite restaruant when this elderly lady and two young women were sitting at the table beside me. I heard them mention a young man named jason. They old woman said she felt so bad for him. He really loved that girl. One of the young women said, "Christ he showed up at my door at 5 in the morning and sat on the steps and bawled like a baby." The other one said, "Grandma you and mom spoiled him rotten. No woman is going to put up with his crap and I don't feel sorry for him. Kris was too good for him. She should of dumped him a long time ago."

I stared at the woman. Slowly it dawned on me. She was talking about my daughter who broke up with her boyfriend the day before cause he had been sleeping with some of her friends. I knew jason had been raised by his grandmother and mother cause his dad went back to Puerto Rico.

Later I saw this same elderly woman coming out of a local store with jason pushing her grocery cart.

I told Kris about it and she told me that the sisters really liked her but they were always telling jason to grow up.

Funny what you learn when you eavesdrop....

No comments:

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.