The Meanderings of A country housewife and mother.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Some thoughts on things....

Who says you cannot teach an old dog new tricks. I am about two seconds younger than dirt and I am learning more new things every day. I don't know about some of you who are over the forty mark. (surely there is someone else out there besides me), but I often think if I had my life to live over again, I would live it to the fullest like many young ones today are. Oh, I had a great time when I was in my twenties. I would not change them for the world. But I see all the oppertunites laid out there for the young women today and I just think of how marvelous it would be to have all that laid before us when I was in my twenties. I tell every young woman who has the oppertunity to go to college, don't waste it.
I do hate to see kids get married right out of highschool and throw most of their oppertunities out the door. Yes, being in love is wonderful and babies are cute and all that crap but that love you feel for someone in your teens very often does not last and babies are not only cute but work.I told my daughter to go to college and do what ever she wants before she has the kids I so desperately want for grandchildren. :) Right now she is majoring in fine arts and I am not sure what she is going to do once she gets out. I think she will do fine though once she gets going.
I would have liked her to have done something else with her education but she is the one is going to have to live with whatever choices she makes. As long as she is happy.
My eldest is mentally disabled. She has some mental illnesses which causes us grief but she is pulling thru.

I did have a bad night with her last night. One of her friends told her yesterday she was raped by her foster brother. She did not know what to do but my daughter told her to tell her parents and now the parents want to take her in and have her press charges. (this kid is over 18 and no longer lives with them.) It happened about a year ago and she was afraid to tell her parents.

Well, my daughter was so upset over this she could not sleep and cried most of the night. I was up til 4 with her and got back up at 6. Just could not sleep.

I don't know if many of you know about fostering kids or being a foster kid. Well, I was a foster child and went thru some lousy foster homes before I found one where my foster mom really loved me and was a great mom. I have been a foster parent. I can tell you there are some good foster parents out there.

Not so with my daughters friend. Her parents do not work. Neither one. Yet, they have a new car almost every year and a new home. They are in it for the money. They take in every child that they are called about and even have taken in black children all the while referring to them as 'the niggers who live with us'. My daughter and the one black girl who was living with them turned them in for that and they no longer give them black children now but they do give them other kids. Anyway..............

They took this boy into their home, knowing he was removed from his own home for raping his sister. They brought him in to where they have two retarded girls whom they adopted and last night they were crying about how could this boy have raped their daughter after they brought him into their house and took care of him.

Give me a break. I wanted to scream at them. They invited him in just because they wanted the money they would get from having him. They did not think of their daughters safety when those checks were coming in.

Idiots!!!

2 comments:

Leesa said...

Man, that's awful. Greed makes me sick. How can people be so cruel to children? Don't they realize that messes them up for life?
Uuuggghhh.
I agree on the youngsters making the best of their lives. I didn't have the opportunity, but if I had I would have gone to college.
I'm trying that with my younger sister now, trying to give her some direction and goals. But your right, they have to accept whatever decisions they make in the long run. You just hope that you helped in some way and that they make the right ones.

Dee said...

Well, we will not know that at this time. MY youngest just came home and announced she quit her job and I was angry at first but she is the kind who never explains herself. She is very impulsive. However, she has a job interview lined up at taco bell's monday so she may be working there. She is in her third year of college. She may go to summer school but I am not sure if she will or not.

Music

  • Beatles
  • Classic Rock of all kinds
  • Garth Brooks
  • Music from the sixties and seventies
  • Very old Gospel and country music
  • Vince Gill

Music

  • Classic rock

Books I love

  • Chicken Soup Series
  • Gone With the Wind
  • The Bible
  • The Shinning
  • Turning angel

About Me

My photo
I just enjoy life. Especially my family and all the little things life has to offer. I love reading and chatting with my online friends and quilting. I always have a project started. Sometimes I have two or three going.